While I was away, anastasiawraight of For the Knit of It nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award, which was a lovely surprise to come home to. There are a few obligations that come with the badge, so lets get started.
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger(s) who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
Already I’ve taken care of numbers 1, 2, and 4. So here are my seven things, in no particular order:
1. I read about a book a week, pretty much on my commute alone. This either means I’m a fast reader or my commute is awful, or something in between. Either way, it comes in handy over at my other blog (versatile, right?)
2. When I was a teenager, my family moved to Saint Lucia for two and a half years. I turned 14 a month after we moved there and was 16 when we left. I played a lot of tennis and went to an all girls Catholic convent school, despite not being even remotely Catholic. It was pretty different.
3. At home, I drink my coffee with a little hot chocolate in it. I mix about a tablespoon of hot chocolate mix with a little milk, and then add the coffee. It feels fancy. (I can totally drink coffee the regular way too, though.)
4. I hate unpacking. I will put it off for weeks until L finally loses it and ask, very nicely, but also firmly, when I am going to put my bag away. I don’t know why I hate it so much, but I really do.
5. I met Robert Plant in a kind of dingy restaurant in Budapest five years ago. It was totally surreal and, because I was backpacking, everything I was wearing was dirty and wrinkled. He was wearing an old sweatshirt with the sleeves cut short, so I felt okay about it.
6. I have been a vegetarian since I was 12, and as far as I know, I’ve never slipped.
7. I think sheep are hilarious. There’s just something about their bare little faces and wooly everything else that cracks me up. I think they’re great.
I read a wide-ranging assortment of
blogs websites (some of what I thought of as blogs are, on further consideration, not quite the same, so I’ve paired it down) and since I didn’t see any stipulation that these 15 have to be fiber arts related, they won’t all be (it turns out there won’t be 15, either, but I’m going to go for quality not quantity). That’s the joy of versatility, right?
3. Yarn Harlot
5. All She Wants to Do Is…
8. Missed Connections
9. Hark, a vagrant
10. Pickle Me This
11. Tom + Lorenzo
12. Smitten Kitchen
13. Aesthetic Outburst
Phew. Some of these blogs have been honoured already, as well they should be. Hopefully some will be new to you as well, because that’s what makes this whole thing fun. I plan to roam around a little through the lists of other nominees’ blog picks to find some new inspiration. In the meantime, it’s Tuesday, and that means that after a two week hiatus, it’s time to pick up the sweater again.